Cepeda Advogados has extensive expertise in advising the Private Equity industry, structuring investment vehicles, in Brazil and overseas, and advising in acquisitions and investments, encompassing the whole investment cycle, from its conception to divestment.
Our advice comprises all phases of a transaction, from the feasibility studies, due diligence, assessment of alternatives to structure investments (in particular through Investment Funds), formats to be used to raise capital, active participation in the negotiations with investors and other parties, and documenting the transaction.
The firm understands this market both from a legal and a commercial perspective, and acts at all times in line with the interests of its clients, in a proactive, sophisticated and pragmatic manner.
The activities performed by the firm in its Private Equity practice include:
- advice in connection with conceiving, structuring, forming, and maintaining Funds and other investment vehicles, in Brazil and overseas, with a Private Equity investment strategy;
- advice to Private Equity Investment Funds, in Brazil and overseas, including cross-border structures, in their offerings and capital raisings, and in their negotiations to raise capital with professional and/or strategic investors, such as pension funds, endowments, sovereign funds and multilateral organizations;
- advice to Investment Funds in connection with conceiving, structuring, and negotiating the investments to be made, in particular structured investments in private equity, distressed assets, venture capital, real estate, PIPE and cryptocurrencies;
- advice to Investment Funds in structuring and/or providing a legal analysis of complex transactions involving securities for investment and monitoring their regulatory obligations;
- feasibility studies for transactions in general based on an appropriate risk assessment (Corporate Law, Tax Law, Civil Law, Regulatory, among others) and assessment of alternatives to structure investments;
- advice in determining the capital raising format, active participation in the negotiations with investors, stakeholders and other parties, including by associating cross-border solutions;
- advice in connection with documenting transactions, by preparing, reviewing, and negotiating all documents required to implement the transactions, managing their closing, and monitoring any ancillary post-closing legal obligations;
- mapping corporate governance requirements applicable to the transaction and assisting with their implementation, including in connection with ESG – Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance criteria; and
- advice in relation to the conception and corporate structuring of companies and corporate groups engaged in any business area, from the preparation of the corporate documents required for incorporation to the development and preparation of memorandum of understanding and shareholder’s agreements, among others, and advice on the Tax matters of the structure.