Cepeda Advogados is a law firm largely recognized for its activities in the Investment Fund industry, with an experienced team of lawyers specifically focused on this segment.
The firm has the expertise to guide its clients throughout all phases involved in conceiving, structuring, forming, and maintaining all types of Investment Funds, irrespective of their investment strategies, in Brazil and overseas.
The activities performed by the firm in its Investment Fund practice include:
- advice in all phases involved in structuring all types of investment funds in Brazil, such as liquid funds (fixed income, equity, multimarket, corporate credit-like and foreign investment funds, among others), PIPEs and private equity funds (FIP), real estate funds (FII), receivable (asset-backed) funds (FIDC) and non-standard receivable (asset-backed) funds (FIDC-NP);
- advice in all phases involved in structuring all types of cross-border investment funds and investment funds based overseas, such as hedge funds, equity funds, funds of funds, private equity funds, venture capital funds, real estate funds, distressed asset funds, PIPEs and cryptocurrency funds;
- advice in connection with developing structures for investment funds to raise capital in Brazil and overseas, including the preparation of the documents required by the appropriate authorities for public offerings of shares in investment funds;
- support in the development of marketing materials compliant with regulations and in the negotiation of documents relating to investment funds with local and foreign investors and potential investors, including in relation to seed capital agreements;
- advice to Private Clients in connection with structuring investment funds and other investment vehicles in Brazil and overseas;
- assistance with controlling and structuring tools for supervision of periodic regulatory obligations applicable to investment funds;
- control and supervision of corporate obligations applicable to investment funds, involving participating in general meetings of investment fund shareholders, preparing all related documents, and taking the requisite steps to file and update such documents with the appropriate authorities; and
- assistance with legal due diligences related to transactions and regulatory obligations applicable to investment funds.